This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply the skills and knowledge to be competent in delivering a basic instruction session for a sport. Work may be undertaken as part of a team and would be performed under supervision or independently in a structured environment such as a sporting club or school. Individuals wishing to undertake this qualification should be current or past participants in the respective sport specialisation chosen as part of this qualification.
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway and for VET in Schools delivery.
- BSBWOR202A - Organise and complete daily work activities
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- SISSSCO101 - Develop and update knowledge of coaching practices
- SISSSCO202 - Coach beginner or novice participants to develop fundamental motor skills
- SISSSDE201 - Communicate effectively with others in a sport environment
- SISXCAI002 - Assist with activity sessions
- SISXIND002 - Maintain sport, fitness and recreation industry knowledge
- SISXWHS101 - Follow work health and safety policies
Training & Assessment
Ace Sports Academy employs a team of highly experienced trainers and assessors to ensure quality training and assessment is provided to every student. A range of assessment methods are used to assess practical skills and knowledge including:
- Performing practical demonstrations
- Interviews and Research
- Written or Oral Questioning
- Working in real life sport, fitness and recreation environments.
User Choice Funding
This qualification has been approved for user choice funding. Apprentices or trainees and their employers can choose Ace Sports Academy to deliver subsidised training for this qualification. The subsidy is paid on behalf of the apprentice or trainee once training is delivered and reported.